The Karnataka Startup Cell is organizing a hackathon along with the Tourism Department of the state. The agenda is to promote tourism with an integration of technology. The hackathon, also called ‘Pitch to the Government’ is an opportunity for startups working on apps for the tourism sector.
The winners will be eligible for a funding of INR 50 Lakh ($75K). This hackathon is in association with NASSCOM and IAMAI. The selected startups would need to present the idea at the ‘Pitch to the Government’ event on September 24 at the Auditorium of BMTC office in Bengaluru. The last date for submission is September 22, 2016.
Terms and Conditions of the Hackathon
- Only the early-stage startups are eligible to participate in the hackathon.
- The ideas and products presented by the startups will be initiated within the state’s Tourism Department.
- Startups that are currently working on projects that promote tourism can apply online on the Startup Karnataka Portal.
- The decision will be made by a jury which consists of members from the startup ecosystem and senior officers of both the departments.
- The winners shall give the solution in collaboration with the Department of Tourism with the objective of Tourism promotion in the State.
- The winners will have to register with the Karnataka Startup Cell for funding.
- A Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) will be signed between the startup and the department.
As per sources, the funds will be provided over a period of one year based on the business plan of the project and the progress made under the supervision of the tourism department.
The main focus of this event is to develop the ideas and products in the coming few months, importance will be given to products which are at an advanced stage of development.
An effort has been made to push Karnataka’s startup ecosystem. Priyank Kharge, the state’s IT Minister has announced a fund of INR 8 Crores ($1.2 Million) towards Karnataka’s Startup Cell. Earlier in July he launched a ‘Booster Kit’ for the benefits of the startups which are registered with the program.